Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Wilcannia: free from helmets & the AFP



In a couple of hours I will be sentenced for my Adelaide crime of riding a bicycle whilst not wearing a bicycle helmet.

I am in Broken Hill and given that I have brought my 93 year old mother-in-law out here to visit her son (my man!), the Adelaide Court Registry agreed to my proposal that I be sentenced via video-link in the Broken Hill Local Court ... thus in just under two hours I will present myself to the Broken Hill Court personnel to be wired up and/or whatever to hear what the Adelaide magistrate has to say.

Will I be fined?

Will I be sent to prison?

Or will I be allowed the leniency of a dismissal?

A massive fine?

Court costs?

Sigh ... it is all so exhausting

How long will Australia continue with this ridiculous criminalising of cyclists who wish to cycle like cyclists around the rest of the world?

Oh dear ... sigh ... I've said this before and I'll say it again:

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT WEARING A BICYCLE HELMET MAKES YOU SAFER ON THE ROADS ...

BICYCLE HELMET LAW IS A BIG OIL DETERRENT TO KEEP CYCLISTS FROM CYCLING ON THE ROADS ...

BICYCLE HELMET LAW IS PERPETUATED BY ACADEMIC CHEER-LEADERS SITTING IN BIG OIL FUNDED CHAIRS IN VARIOUS UNIVERSITIES AROUND AUSTRALIA (think UNSW just for starters) ...

Anyway, I'll keep you posted ... or one of my family will if the worse comes to worst ... sigh

Oh and before I go, I must mention that the Australian Federal Police (AFP) called me last night to mention that after all their 'tax-payer-funded-gymnastics' entailing calling me in to their AFP offices at the International Airport in Sydney for interviewing and videoing purposes for my Sydney crime of riding a bicycle whilst not wearing a bicycle helmet, they have decided that they will book me after all.

So here we go again.

#HelmetLawSucks #DownUnderDumbness

1 comment: